It is the policy of King Lifting Ltd to comply with all legal and other requirements applicable to our activities, and to provide the highest level of Occupational health and Safety, Quality assurance and care to our customers, employees, members of the public and all stakeholders, and to the Environment in which we operate.
Although we have compliant management systems for Quality, Environment and Occupational Health & Safety, we have adopted an integrated approach to most of our policies and procedures.
This integrated approach has allowed King Lifting to not only comply with the various elements of the associated standards but has also permitted a pragmatic method of interpretation of all requirements. This elevates the bureaucratic red tape that is sometimes cited from the general public.
We have assessed and evaluated the environmental impact and risks arising out of our operations, in order to protect the environment and prevent injury and ill- health to everyone.
The board of directors have made available the necessary resources to ensure controls are maintained to eliminate all accidents and unplanned events, and prevent pollution. In order to achieve this, a programme of management improvement plans has been developed that ensures continual improvement of the company’s performance by:
- Preventing injury and ill health
- Reducing waste within the business
- Conserving energy
- Reducing CO 2 emissions
To achieve this we will:
- Fully assess all our operations and determine controls necessary to reduce risk
- Monitor the occupational health of our employees
- Ensure employees are properly trained
- Ensure equipment and buildings are adequately serviced and maintained
- Consider planned and new developments in our processes, products and services that may affect the environment or the risk to individuals.
- Measure our performance against set targets
- Consult and communicate the results to all interested parties, including customers and Contractors
These plans include objectives and targets that are appropriate to the nature, scale and impacts of our activities and services.
The management team is committed to the effective implementation of this policy statement and will implement training programmes to educate and motivate employees & others on their quality, environment and occupational health & safety responsibilities.
It is the duty of every employee to take reasonable care of their own & other people’s safety, ensure customer satisfaction and environmental welfare in equal measure, and report any issues which contravene this policy.
This policy statement is communicated to all employees, customers and others and is publically available on request; it is deployed on notice boards, the company web site and in the main reception at HQ. It will be periodically reviewed in line with changes in the scale and nature of our operations.