Based at: Avonmouth Head Office BS11 0FJ
Salary: Competitive – £18,000 - £21,000 dependant on experience
Plus, Benefits: Mobile phone, laptop, company pension
King Lifting provides crane hire and plant and machinery movement solutions across the country, as well as Transport and Telecoms Logistics. We are looking for an Application Support and Project Assistant to join the team at a time of sustained growth and change.
The job will be varied working as direct support to the Project Manager as well as helping with the everyday management of our bespoke hire and rental software products. You will also support the project to develop and implement a new operational product. Prior experience of the specific software products is not essential as full training will be provided. You will be working with our depot hire desks to support their use of the software and provide training; therefore, some travel may be required as well as some reasonable excess hours by agreement.
Main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Direct support to the Project Manager – assisting in all aspects of the Project including planning, tracking, reporting, quality management and internal communication.
- Deputise for the Project Manager on occasions covering holiday, sickness etc.
- Assist with keeping the Project plan and Project logs up to date with any changes.
- Overall knowledge of all used functionality with our in-house software, how it is configured and the implications of changing the configuration.
- First line support with any in-house software product help desk calls.
- Write and maintain test plans for new releases of software and any bespoke King Lifting Development. Monthly fixes to be fully tested and approved before they are deployed into the live database.
- Assist and be accountable for the quality and use of data held within our in-house software system, monitor regular data reports and assist with KPI checks.
- Update new user information within the in-house software system and existing as required.
- Train new user on our in-house software system and retrain existing users as required.
- Assist with creating and updating user guides, with an emphasis on the hire depots but also to include Workshop, Stock and Finance.
Skills and experience
- Friendly and personable with strong communication skills, both written and verbal that can be utilised to deliver successful training both group and one on one.
- Take responsibility/ accountability for assigned tasks
- Detail-oriented and organised individual, logical and methodological mindset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project with the ability to learn and support internal software programmes.
- Ability to understand issues and solve problems in a timely manner
- experience in identifying, tracking and mitigating risks and issues in a project or a business environment would be beneficial experience.
Preferred Skills and experience but not essential
- experience with change management or implementing change
- experience in Rentalresult or rental software packages
- Office based experience in the Crane Hire or plant hire industry
- Project Co-ordinator experience
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. Applications will only be considered from candidates who live within a commutable distance of Avonmouth. To apply please email your CV to HR@KingLifting.co.uk
No agencies please.