Based at: Avonmouth Head Office BS11 0FJ
Salary: Circa £35,000 per annum
Plus, Benefits: Mobile phone, laptop, company pension
King Lifting provides crane hire and plant and machinery movement solutions across the country, as well as Transport and Telecoms Logistics. We are looking for a Workshop Assistant Manager to join the team at a time of sustained growth and change.
The Assistant Workshop Manager has responsibility for the operational conduct of the workshop staff and the general management of plant maintenance and repair. Working alongside the Workshop Manager to ensure that all repairs are completed in a timely manner whilst controlling costs. Deputise for the Workshop Manager and to be the point of contact for the directors/senior management when the Workshop Manager is unavailable. To facilitate this, high levels of communication and problem-solving skills are required, along with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Liaising with external suppliers
• Arranging delivery and pick up of parts
• Managing the attendance of service engineers to breakdowns
• Ordering of spare parts and issuing a purchase order
• Input work order data onto the Result software system
• Co-ordinating and assisting workshop staff
• Managing the maintenance and repair process of plant and equipment
• Workshop/yard cleanliness
• Out of hours assistance on rota basis
• Regular review meeting with the workshop manager with regards to ongoing repairs, future repair requirements and work-in-progress
• Daily briefing with on call engineer
• Assisting workshop manager with various accreditations, in particular FORS with the collating and inputting of data on a monthly basis
• Managing and ordering fuel stocks for the depot network
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.30pm. Applications will only be considered from candidates who live within a commutable distance of Avonmouth. To apply please email your CV to HR@KingLifting.co.uk
No agencies please.