Location: Bristol – Head Office
King Lifting is a successful company providing crane hire, plant and machinery movement solutions. We also supply transport and telecoms logistics from depots across the UK, due to continued expansion within our company we now have a vacancy for an Operations Manager based in the Heavy Cranes department at our Head Office in Avonmouth.
Reporting to the Divisional Director this position is to assist the operational delivery of our Heavy Crane fleet and work as part of a team delivering high levels of service to our established client base on time critical projects, you must be able to demonstrate a positive, “can-do” attitude and high attention to detail with previous experience in a crane/plant/heavy haulage operational management position.
Numerate and computer literate, you must have strong IT skills and be conversant in the use of MS Office packages.
The hours of work are 8.00am until 6.00pm, or any other hours which may be necessary to complete the tasks in hand. One hour for lunch to be taken at a mutually convenient time.
Duties include (but not restricted to):
- Liaising with both our Customers and Sales Team in relation to all operational requirements.
- Daily management of Heavy Crane operators
- Working closely with the Transport Logistics Manager in coordinating the movement of both equipment & labour resources whilst ensuring timely delivery & collection whilst operating in the parameters of the divisional budget.
- Operating the hire fleet control software including:
- Recording the availability of assets & labour daily basis.
- Assigning job sheets and work instructions to operators.
- Checking & processing operators weekly wage claims.
- Updating and maintaining hire fleet and stock within the control centre, including on/off hire of company assets.
- Day to day coordination with the Workshop Manager with regards to scheduling statutory inspections and routine maintenance.
- Monitoring and recording to ensure all training requirements are kept up to date.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the mobile crane market or a solid background in operational management.
- Negotiable (subject to experience)
- Company Car
- Divisional Bonus
- Mobile phone
- 25 days holiday
A relocation package will be considered for the ideal candidate.
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter to HR@KingLifting.co.uk
detailing your current salary and benefits package.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE